request quote >>
The purpose of heat exchangers is to transfer heat from one fluid (either gas or liquid) to another. Compact heat exchangers (CHEs) have a significantly greater surface area per unit volume. Than more conventional types of heat exchanger. For the purposes of the ECA Scheme. A CHE is defined as a heat exchanger with a surface to volume ratio of > 200m2/m3.
Compact heat exchangers characterized by high surface area per unit volume. Which can result in higher efficiency. than conventional heat exchangers, In a significantly smaller volume (typically Compact heat exchangers can achieve efficiencies of over 95% cf. 80% for non-compact heat exchangers). Compact heat exchangers transfer more energy in a cost-effective manner than other heat exchangers and savemore energy when compared to standard technology.
- To be eligible for inclusion on the Energy Technology Product List, products must meet the eligibility criteria as set out below.
- Investments in CHEs only qualify for Enhanced Capital Allowances. if the specific product named on the Energy Technology Product List.
Three types of compact heat exchanger are covered by the ECA Scheme. These are:
- 1. Plate heat exchangers.
- 2. Plate-fin heat exchangers.
- 3. Compact heat exchangers with precision formed surfaces.